Monday, October 22, 2012

Exploring Shape and Texture

Kindergartners have been learning that artists use shapes to make art. 
We looked at the artwork of Louise Nevelson, and learned how she used scrap wood and recycled objects to create sculptures.  

Children selected recycled objects and shapes to create a collage. They looked for shapes with different textures. We also had a lesson in using Elmer's glue :)



Then I sprayed a little paint for pizzazz....
and to help us focus more on the shapes and textures.

Beautiful.





4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I like the addition of the spray paint, it does take them a step up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love open ended projects like these- very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! One thing I learned.... I spray painted and hung them, then realized the kids didn't recognize it as their artwork! Next time, I'll let them watch as the collages are painted so they can see the transformation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great take on Nevelson for the little ones! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete