Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cardinals in Our Tree!

The timing couldn't have been better: snow on the ground and cardinals in the tree! 
Our one art studio window brings us such joy. A few years ago I hung a bird feeder very near the window and it was one of the best things I ever did! 

Georgia O'Keeffe said, Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time.”  

Her thoughts ring true to me. When children and teachers come by I try to give them time to really stop and see. To wonder. To engage. To experience. 

Fortunately for our Kindergarteners, we stood at the window and were able to view real snow, branches, and cardinals before beginning these observant paintings. 














1 comment:

  1. Wow, what wonderful cardinals! I'm so impressed by their skill! I couldn't draw a cardinal to save my life! Must be their terrific art teacher!

    ReplyDelete